It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

About writing configuration file for excel importer

Abhishek Kumar (1317) | asked May 04 '19, 2:04 a.m.

I want to import the excel file for test cases into the qm, for that i need to write the configuration file.

I am facing problem in creating attributes inside the test case design section.
Can you explain how to create attibutes or fields inside the section and populate that according to the excel sheet.
I read the explanation to write the cfg file in ibm site , but in there it was mentioned no where that how to write it for creating attributes inside the section.

Thank you

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered May 06 '19, 2:21 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Abhishek,

Testcase Design Section can contain only the RichText data, you can not insert attributes. Please refer 'Test Cases made from scripts.cfg' from sample folder where tesecase design section is updated from Rich Text data of Excel.

In case you mean to create attribute using configuration file from Excel sheet, then refer 'TestCases 001 with custom attributes.cfg' from sample folder for reference implementation.

Regards,
Mehul

Abhishek Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Abhishek Kumar commented May 06 '19, 2:28 a.m.

Thanks mehul,

But can we insert the part of excel file in the form of tables directly to test design section?

Mehul Patel commented May 06 '19, 4:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Yes Abhishek, you can use HTML() function in configuration file to prepare the table and assign it as test case design section, refer wiki for HTML syntax support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.