It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the Java API to accept/deliver baseline?

Andrew Ciaz (59160) | asked Apr 26 '19, 7:49 a.m.

Could you please suggest plain Java API for accept or deliver baseline?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 26 '19, 1:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Andrew Ciaz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Ciaz commented May 03 '19, 6:31 a.m.

@Ralph Schoon Thanks for your reply

Andrew Ciaz commented May 06 '19, 12:39 a.m.

@Ralph Schoon, I saw your solution, is it possible to accept/deliver empty baseline through Java API 

Ralph Schoon commented May 07 '19, 3:18 a.m.

What is an empty baseline? What is the error if you try? 

Andrew Ciaz commented Jun 11 '19, 9:10 a.m.

@Ralph Schoon empty baselines are those which does not contain any change sets

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 11 '19, 9:24 a.m.

Note: We would need a description of the error you get when you try to deliver an empty baseline. 

Note: To be precise, it is not that the baseline contains no change sets, but rather that the baseline has a subset of the change sets that are in the target stream, so the deliver operation would not add any change sets to the target stream (but only add a baseline to the baseline history of the target stream).

Andrew Ciaz commented Jun 18 '19, 8:56 a.m.

Thanks @Geoffrey Clemm for the suggestion. So if I create baseline without changeset the still baseline shows the previous history of changesets in it, right? 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 18 '19, 9:12 a.m.

That is correct.   The new baseline is effectively a copy of the old baseline ... and contains all the change sets of the old baseline. 

Andrew Ciaz commented Jun 24 '19, 12:58 a.m.

Hi @Geoffrey Clemm

I am doing good with your solution but after accept baseline through code my project shows "out of sync". Could you please help me. Because in history I can see the changeset and baseline which I accept through code, but changes are not reflected in the sandbox.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 24 '19, 3:42 p.m.

I see you opened a separate question on this (which is good).   So let's continue this part of the discussion  in that question ( https://jazz.net/forum/questions/263692 )

showing 5 of 9 show 4 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.