It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can the URI of an attribute be renamed for an existing PA?

Mohamed Samatar (131123) | asked Apr 25 '19, 11:40 a.m.

here is the scenario:
1. RTC PA was used last 2 years with PA master that control the structures. (original master)
2. admin created a new PA using different template. not from the existing PA master.
3. the out of box attributes are not impacted.
4. custom attributes was created manual into the new PA master. the URI of the custom attribute in the new PA is different from the original master.
a suggested idea is the URI attributes  from the new PA can be copied and pasted to the original PA.
my take: there will be problem with old the data after  the process of copy/past and re-associating/linking the new PA master.
am I correct? did anyone try this process? Can the URI of an attribute be renamed for an existing PA?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 25 '19, 5:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you talking about the URI that is optional and needs to be specified, or the ID that is mandatory?

Mohamed Samatar commented Apr 26 '19, 11:24 a.m.

the URI is the one I am talking.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 26 '19, 1:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I can tell, the External URI is basically used for reporting and in the data warehouse. Attributes that are considered to have the same meaning, should have the same External URI. If you change the External URI, you will have old data using the old external URI and new data using the new external URI. The new data would represent the attributes as the same in reports.

It would be possible to recreate the data warehouse to get rid of the old data related to the old URI. You would potentially loose data for information that is no longer available e.g. builds. I do not know if we suggest users to do that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.