It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RQM 3.0.1.3 support Oracle 12g?

Julie Dacko (1135) | asked Apr 23 '19, 1:35 p.m.

We have to move off  Oracle 11.2.0.4 and are still at RMQ 3.0.1.3.  Our Oracle dbas indicate there should be no issues with the application running on a v12 database. They want to upgrade the database to v12, leaving a compatibility mode set to v11.2.  That would allow us to downgrade if it does cause issues.

<o:p> </o:p>

Will this work?

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Ted Mayer (47649) | answered Apr 23 '19, 1:51 p.m.
Hello Julie,

I believe the latest version that was supported with RQM 3.0.1.3 is 11.2, looking at the documentation (I was only able to find as early as RQM 4.0.7), even then we supported up to 11.2.

We started supporting Oracle 12 with CLM 5.0.x

Which would mean that we do not know if this would work since we have not tested nor validated RQM 3.0.1.3 with Oracle 12G.

Regards,
Ted

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 23 '19, 4:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 23 '19, 4:31 p.m.
RQM 3.0.1.3 is no longer supported since several years. If you want to continue using it, especially with a newer Oracle version, consider upgrading to  a supported version.

The current version is 6.0.6.1

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 23 '19, 9:19 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

One thing you might consider: since you are on a very old version you should consider whether you want to be in the business of managing your deployment of RQM and related applications. You could ask IBM or one of our business partners to manage it for you on one of the Cloud platforms. Then the need to upgrade / keep current is someone else's responsibility.  If you would like to explore this, send me a note ( dmoul@us.ibm.com ) and I'll put you in touch with someone who can help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.