It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does DOORS DNG 6.0.6 support locking all artifacts of a module for purposes of controlling requirements without RTC?

Mary Miller (87125) | asked Apr 16 '19, 12:14 p.m.

Good day,

I know we can lock down individual artifacts in DOORS NG 6.0.6.  However, my new question is does DOORS NG 6.0.6 allow us to lock down the entire module without using RTC?

I am asking because we want to be able to control the requirements and prevent unauthorized changes.

Thanks!

Mary

Accepted answer

permanent link
Softacus AG (2013) | answered Apr 16 '19, 1:06 p.m.

Hi Mary

It is possible to lock 200 artifact at the same time.
We would recommend for your use case to use change sets as default setting for the stream for your use case. Then only allow admins or managers to deliver changeset changes to the stream. 

You can also achieve it by using states for module artifacts whe only certain people can reopen approved artifact and make it editable. 

Mary Miller selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mary Miller commented Apr 16 '19, 1:30 p.m.

Okay, I will play with this once we get DOORS NG on our system.  We will be handing off our artifacts to another organization, and we don't want people changing requirements without the parent organization knowing.

Thank you!

Mary

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.