It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Shell-sharing and Express-C

Greg Hodgkinson (2092120) | asked Oct 29 '09, 7:18 a.m.
I've only used the Standard Edition in the past, so I have a question regarding Express-C.

With Standard Edition if I want to make use of RTC's capabilities from an existing IBM Eclipse-based tool (on the correct version of Eclipse) I can use IM to "install the RTC IDE into" my existing IDE.

As Express-C doesn't seem to have an IM-based installation for it's IDE, is there any other way to shell-share or am I stuck with having to have 2 separate Eclipse installs and alt-tabbing between them?

2 answers

permanent link
yi lilo (4665) | answered Oct 29 '09, 11:20 a.m.
you can use EXPRESS-C SERVER while installing Standard RTC client on current Eclipse shell. all different kinds of RTC client are the same, is it right?
I've only used the Standard Edition in the past, so I have a question regarding Express-C.

With Standard Edition if I want to make use of RTC's capabilities from an existing IBM Eclipse-based tool (on the correct version of Eclipse) I can use IM to "install the RTC IDE into" my existing IDE.

As Express-C doesn't seem to have an IM-based installation for it's IDE, is there any other way to shell-share or am I stuck with having to have 2 separate Eclipse installs and alt-tabbing between them?

permanent link
Greg Hodgkinson (2092120) | answered Oct 30 '09, 12:18 p.m.
Thanks Lilo - I installed the standard edition IDE and it does indeed work fine with the Express-C server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.