It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Links within drawing artifact

Sukhi Basati (111) | asked Apr 01 '19, 9:32 a.m.

I know I can link individual parts of a diagram to outside artifacts, but is there a way to assign these links a unique ID? I know that DNG can identify them in the background (for instance if I follow the link from an artifact in a separate module to a line in a diagram, the line gets highlighted).

As an example, lets say I create a use case diagram and create a link from the use case to the actor. This links to a user need artifact in a separate module. But if I open the module, the ID of the entire diagram is shown as an attribute. I'd like it to show the ID of the use case.

Alternatively, I'd like to open the diagram and show the user need artifact link on the diagram itself.

Is there an easy way to accomplish both of these requests?

Comments
Sukhi Basati commented Apr 05 '19, 10:20 a.m.

I just found out that I can show link indicators on the diagram (step in the right direction). I was hoping that when I export as a PNG, the link indicators would expand to the artifact ID's, but when you export to PNG, even the link indicators do not show up!

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.