It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - Option to Run a Query on 'Formal Review' states for 'Test Case'

Parameswaran V (10016) | asked Mar 15 '19, 8:17 a.m.

Within a test case - By default we have a section 'Formal Review'.

There are two options:
1. Approval 
2. Review

And each of these two has 'Two' states.
1. Approved or Rejected
2. Reviewed or Rejected

So the question:
Can i run a JRS query to know the state of the 'Review', for a particular test case?

Right now, i do not see this option within DataWarehouse or LQE  -  within JRS report builder.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bharath Rao (915136) | answered Mar 15 '19, 8:53 a.m.
edited Mar 15 '19, 8:53 a.m.
Hi Parameswaran,

Yes, you can get the status of review for a test case in JRS using LQE as the data source with the below trace relationship:

QM Test Case > Formal Review > Quality Approval > Approval Descriptor > Approval > Approval 1

In the Format Results section, select Approval Descriptor, add the attribute Cumulative State or Select Approval and add Approval State depending on the requirement.
Refer below forum link for the difference:

----
Please mark the questions as answered if it helps or let me know if you have any questions.
Parameswaran V selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Parameswaran V commented Mar 18 '19, 9:44 a.m.

Hi Bharat,

In the trace relationship - i do not see the option of 'Formal Review' - for a 'QM Test Case'. 

Is this a kind of configuration which we need to somehow enable in the QM server - so that i see 'Formal Review' for the trace with 'QM Test Case'?

Note: What i see today is:
1. Change Request: 
2. QM Execution Record
3. QM Test Plan
4. QM Test Result
5. QM Test Script
6. Requirement 

Bharath Rao commented Mar 18 '19, 9:58 a.m.

For QM Test Case > Pick a relationship > under Quality Approval > Formal Review.

This option is available only with LQE data source in JRS. It is unavailable for Rational DataWarehouse

Bharath Rao commented Mar 18 '19, 10:00 a.m.
Hi Parameswaran,

For QM Test Case > Pick a relationship > under Quality Approval > Formal Review.

This option is available only with LQE data source in JRS. It is unavailable for Rational DataWarehouse

Parameswaran V commented Mar 25 '19, 3:03 p.m.

Hi Bharat,

Thank you for the details.
Actually i do not see this option in my office or company server.

However i see this in the trace relationship within the jazz.net. 
So, the question now is - is there something that we need to enable in our RQM application or JRS - in order to see this option within the the trace relationship? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.