It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Server Rename from a single deployemnt to distributed deployemnt

sreenath v (78680) | asked Mar 01 '19, 1:35 a.m.
Hi,

I am trying to move single deployment server to split in new hardware deployment. So that my understanding is server rename. Can anyone help me to plan and sharing document for this scenario.

Current machine: JTS, CCM,RM ,QM

New hardware 1 :JTS, CCM
New hardware 2 :RM,QM

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Mar 01 '19, 2:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You don't necessary need a server rename for this scenario. You install a reverse proxy (e.g. IBM HTTP Server) on a machine that is accessible using the public URI of your environment. The reverse proxy hosts your public URI and delegates to the applications. The Current machine DNS hostname is changed in this process. That does not matter, because the reverse caching proxy redirects the calls. Once that is done, you can move applications on the machine that hosts the caching proxy if you want to. You have to use a different port for the application server. Again that does not matter, because the reverse proxy redirects the calls.

You can find the product documentation  in the Menu "Library" in the menu bar. Search for the Interactive upgrade and go to "Installing, upgrading, and migrating".

You can find the Deployment Wiki in the menu under "Deployment". 
1. Check the "Planning and design" section to understand topologies.
2. Check the "Migrating and evolving" section to understand migration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.