It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG - do we need a change set when working in a global configuration context?

Steven Hovater (10920) | asked Feb 01 '19, 8:26 a.m.

hi all

I note than when I work in DNG outside of a GC, in order to create a requirement, I have to have a change set.
This doesn't appear to be the case when I'm in a GC.
Explanations welcome..

thanks,
Steve

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 01 '19, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

My understanding so far is that change sets in DNG are only valid in a local configuration and have nothing to do with global configurations. 

If you need a change set in DNG is a property that you have to actively enable per stream as far as my (limited) experience goes.  

The best practice is to always use change sets.

One answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Feb 01 '19, 3:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 01 '19, 3:14 p.m.
Making change sets mandatory to create/update/delete artifacts is a setting at configuration (stream) level.
So you will have the following message in your tree view:

To create, edit, or save artifacts and views, you must work in a new or existing change set.
ID CRRRW7853I  To create or edit artifacts, you must use a change set. However, a change set is not required to edit link validity, reviews, comments, templates, personal tags, and personal views.

If that same DNG stream is part of a global configuration, it still is mandatory to use a change set when working in that global configuration. I just tried that in my DNG 6.0.6.1 RC1 setup. Maybe in earlier 6.0.x version that wasn't the case yet, but haven't tried that.

So probably the DNG configuration in the CG is a different one than your local configuration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.