It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way using which I can restrict users from uploading the different file than the one which is already present in RTC source control?

Sneha B (1339) | asked Jan 17 '19, 4:58 p.m.

Basically, I want users to download the file from the source control and upload the file with some modification but with the exact same name to RTC. I want RTC to not accept the file if the name is different. This will help me to maintain the version history for the original file. Is there any way using which I can restrict users from uploading the different file name than the one which is already present in RTC source control?

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jan 17 '19, 11:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If the users renamed the file using the rich client or CLI move command then the version history would be maintained. I believe that is not the case here and RTC considers it as deletion of the original file and addition of the renamed file.

You may have to write a custom precondition similar to "Check-in (Server)" -> "Restrict Check-in of Resources with the Same Name" but your precondition will only restrict file name changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.