It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Anyone have RTC Eclipse client working on OSX Mojave?

Donald Mason (5155) | asked Jan 09 '19, 11:46 a.m.

We had the Eclipse RTC client working on High Sierra and Eclipse Mars.

After upgrading the  OSX to Mojave, when we try to view plans in Eclipse, Eclipse crashes.

I have also updated Eclipse to Oxygen 3a, and in that version Eclipse gives a message "java.lang.StackOverlowError" with "Unhandled event loop exception".

I am using:
eclipse-java-oxygen-3a-macosx-cocoa-x86_64
RTC-Client-p2Repo-5.0.2

java -version

java version "1.8.0_181"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-b13)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.2

Comments
Donald Mason commented Jan 09 '19, 12:04 p.m.

Looking around, this looks similar in scenario to this old work item,  https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=295344  

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 10 '19, 2:46 p.m. | edited Jan 10 '19, 2:48 p.m.

Viewing Plans in Eclipse RTC has been deprecated for quite some time; I doubt there will be any good answers.

That said, I'm running on Mojave, let me see if I can crash eclipse viewing a plan.

Donald Mason commented Jan 10 '19, 3:02 p.m. | edited Jan 10 '19, 3:02 p.m.

Hmm, that is sad because it does not have all the same features and is unusable by us.   This is the last piece we even want to use.

If this no longer works, our team will be moving fully off RTC.   

You probably know what system we will be moving back to  :)

Thanks, Don

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 10 '19, 4:15 p.m.
Opening a plan in my version launches a browser client in a new tab and it seems to be ok.  Not the worst that can happen.  

I never worked with plans in "old" rtc clients, so I'd be a poor judge of what is good about opening plan that way. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.