It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Baseline History in RTC

vinitha dsouza (14723136) | asked Jan 02 '19, 3:30 a.m.
Dear Team,

i have created Baseline 1 with CS 1 and CS 2.
Later we have some more Changeset created and delivered to stream- CS3, CS4.

But later i realised that  CS4 is wrongly delivered to Stream. So i know we could handle this scenario by using Reverse or i can create Baseline(Baseline_2_after_removal) by discarding Changeset(CS4) in my repo workspace and deliver.

My Question now is,
1. In Stream , Baseline is reflected which is delivered i.e Baseline_2_after_removal . But i still see CS4 Changeset in HISTORY of Component. Why is this like that?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 02 '19, 7:57 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

When you "deliver" a baseline, this effectively unions all of the changes sets of the baseline being delivered with the change sets of the target stream.   In order to remove change sets from the target stream, you either need to use the "replace" operation (instead of "deliver"), or you need to use the reverse operation to create a change set that reverses the changes of the change sets you don't want to deliver, and then deliver that reversal change set.

vinitha dsouza selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.