It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM : Code Review Template shows the Error : "Code review requires read access to the stream."

Jazzuser user (681050) | asked Dec 20 '18, 1:18 a.m.
Hello All,

We have the following scenario :
1. Delivered a changeset to Stream
2. Added the Code Reviewer
3.Deleted the Stream

4. Getting the error "Code review requires read access to the stream."

Could you please assist me on better ways to delete a stream if necessary without losing its contents(part of components) and not face this above issue.

Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 29 '20, 11:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This was fixed in 6.0.6.1 by allowing users to set a new target streamĀ  (ex: if the previously set one was deleted).
There is a workaround for pre-6.0.6.1 and is described in the work item that fixed this. See:
[Code Review] Cannot view the Code Review web UI if the target stream was deleted or inaccessible (and cannot pick a new target stream) (473949)

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Dec 20 '18, 5:08 a.m.
edited Dec 20 '18, 5:09 a.m.
Hi,

since you did not mention explicitely I am going to assume you work on RTC 6.0.6, latest iFix, enterprise deployment with Linux Servers, DB2 and Windows 10 desktops using RTC Eclipse Clients and Firefox 64 for web clients. Close?

Streams / Repository Workspaces are more or less transient, i.e. they can be created and deleted somewhat liberally. The reason for this is that Streams are just an object to hold a given configuration of components (yes, and flow relations, help resolve change set paths, imprint baselines, contain snapshots ...). In order for your Stream to be remembered before you delete it, you need to create a Snapshot for the Stream.
For code review you will need to set a target stream to resolve paths, thus showing file content. So you could create a new stream from that snapshot. The question then is why delete it in the first place?

Here is a primer on Streams, Change Sets and everything SCM in RTC:
https://jazz.net/library/article/126

If this answer is helpful please mark it as accepted.

- Arne

Comments
vinitha dsouza commented Dec 20 '18, 6:24 a.m.
But why Code review tool, doesn't allow to select new stream in that case?
if we delete a stream and have same Changeset in other Stream, i would like to repoint to newly created stream. But it is not possible.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.