It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to resolve com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException thrown by wcl command?

Hilary Xiong (111) | asked Nov 01 '18, 3:02 p.m.

I installed "Work Item Command Line 4.1" on UNIX. When executing the wcl command, the following exceptions were thrown. Please help out with a resolution. Thanks! <style type="text/css"> p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 14.0px; font: 12.0px Courier; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} </style> <style type="text/css"> p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 16.1px 0.0px; line-height: 28.0px; font: 12.0px Courier; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} </style>

<style type="text/css"> p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 14.0px; font: 12.0px Courier; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} </style>

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException

at java.lang.J9VMInternals.prepareClassImpl(Native Method)

at java.lang.J9VMInternals.prepare(J9VMInternals.java:283)

at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1204)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(LauncherHelper.java:507)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:499)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:602)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassHelper(ClassLoader.java:786)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:760)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:330)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:741)

... 5 more

2 answers

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713550) | answered Nov 05 '18, 12:30 a.m.
I think this is a work item utility provided by Ralph Schoon. It isn't really supported in jazz.net AFAIK. It looks like there is something wrong with the package or installation was unsuccessful. I found links to his utility here:

I suggest you Leave a Reply for Ralph about it.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 05 '18, 2:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think I have seen similar issues in the past.I think this was typically related to using the wrong Java Version. Make sure to use Java 1.8 with WCL, ideally the JRE that ships with RTC.

Otherwise you could import the source into an Eclipse, provide the plain Java Client Libraries and try to find what the issue is.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.