It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IConfiguration.fetchCompleteItems performance

Gidi Gal (962058) | asked Jul 17 '14, 5:13 a.m.
Hello to the forum members,

I am developing functionality based on the method IConfiguration.fetchCompleteItems. User right clicks on a component in repository files view, selects menu option and then a query using IConfiguration.fetchCompleteItems extracts some information related to the files and display it to the user. It works. The issue is performance. For ~7000 files in component the performance of this call is 16527 milliseconds. User is expecting better UI response than 16 seconds. I tried the following:
1) I tried to separate the job that calls IConfiguration.fetchCompleteItems to several jobs, the best improvement was when I separated the ~7000 files to groups of 100, the performance was 5732 milliseconds.
2) I tried using fetchPartialItems and start with fetching only the names of the items, hoping to display some response and continue fetching the rest of the information later. However, running fetchPartialItems on this component of ~7000 showed performance of 13179 milliseconds, still not satisfactory for UI response.

If you have other thoughts how to improve the performance of this scenario I'll be grateful for your comments.

Thanks,
Gidi

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.