It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

GIT to RTC migration

Kiran A (31146) | asked Oct 31 '18, 3:08 a.m.

Hello Team, 

I am working on GIT to RTC migration. My question is how to fetch data's available in GIT branches to RTC repository workspace? If there is any link to guide please do share.

Regards,
Kiran

3 answers

permanent link
sreenath v (7863) | answered Oct 31 '18, 9:32 a.m.
Till now there is no way to migrate GIT to RTC. But still there is chance to import all data from git to RTC and giving commit message as comment in changeset.

For getting this you need to write one batch file which contain git commits for reset and rtc command line commands.

Comments
Kiran A commented Jan 14 '19, 12:44 a.m.

Hello Sreenath, 

Thanks for the reply. 

According to batch script what are all the line should include from the git side as well as rtc side?
Though I am new to source code migration, Can you assist on this? 

Regards,
Kiran

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 02 '18, 10:35 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You would write a script that iterates through the information in the git repository (invoking the git command line) and then write that information to the RTC repository (invoking the RTC scm command line).   You do not need to create a batch file containing the information ... you can just add a copy of the git repository to machine that has access to the RTC repository, and run your script on that machine.

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Jan 14 '19, 5:55 p.m.
One approach is to bounce the Git repository into SVN, and then import the SVN dump.

Have a look at git-svn: https://git-scm.com/docs/git-svn

You would set up an SVN repo and link the two, then use dcommit. There are a few articles out there that talk through how to do this with git repos of varying complexity. You may need to sacrifice some of your history but you'll be able to get the files and a bunch of changeset info. See also:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.