It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Snapshot of Workspace vs Snapshot of Stream

Mahari Hill (4861167230) | asked Apr 07 '15, 9:59 a.m.
CLM 502

As our dev group gets bigger and more familiar with RTC, we have a question. We were used to doing development, and taking snapshots of the stream...for years. Now we have been shown how to automate our builds with the build definition items added since 4.0.0.1, but this takes a snapshot of the workspace.

At this point, is there a reason to keep a snapshot of the stream? Now, doing the stream snapshot seems like an added step...

Any best practices?

thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 07 '15, 10:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you already have a snapshot created in some workspace for a given configuration that you want to remember, there is no reason to also create a snapshot of that configuration from a stream.

permanent link
Paul Coccoli (111) | answered Oct 21 '15, 8:07 a.m.
I prefer that the snapshots for our releases are owned by the stream.  Our team has multiple build definitions, each with its own workspace.  Finding the right snapshot can be tricky, and for some reason I'm more comfortable with seeing the snapshots in a stream.

That said, I have not found an automated way to do this, so I may need to give up on this goal.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.