It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the name of the team areas where a specific user is a member via RTCs reportable REST API?

Jochen Widmaier (22310) | asked Oct 09 '18, 10:37 a.m.
I am trying to get the name of the team areas where a specific user is a member via RTCs (6.0.5) reportable REST API, but I fail with this error message: "Error 500: CRRED0135E: Illegal filter. The field 'foundation/teamMembers/userId' may not be used in a filter because it returns multiple values.".

My URL includes the userID: https://<ALM server>/ccm/rpt/repository/foundation?fields=foundation/teamArea[teamMembers/userId='<userID>']/name. But I get the same result if I try to use the uniqueID of the user.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot,
Jochen

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Oct 09 '18, 1:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jochen,

I took a quick look at the RTC RRAPI and didn't see anything about returning a collection of team areas based on a search. But this uses the Foundation API so you could just use the teamembers collection API and pass it the URI of the team member in the main URL in the "hasMembers" parameter. You should get back some XML with all the teams that the team member belongs to. You'll need to use the team-areas-url returned from the projectareas API. For example:

Here's the Foundation API doc for the team areas collection. You might also find this CLM API landing page helpful.

- Jim
Jochen Widmaier selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jochen Widmaier commented Oct 10 '18, 3:11 a.m.

I struggled a little bit with the correct URLs on our side, but I managed to get it running. The only "drawback" is that I need to iterate over all available project areas, but that is manageable. Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.