It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC RTC REST URI : Is there a way to escape meaning of [ ] in the uri, Getting error if the uri contains [ ] as a part of data.

Jazzuser user (68749) | asked Oct 17 '17, 2:35 a.m.

Hello All,

I have a usecase wherein, i need to get the details of the workitems in a particular PLANNED FOR using REST URI.

server/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/workItem[+target/name='SOME PLANNED FOR '(id|summary|category/name|target/name|target/endDate|type/name);

If i have a [ ] in the PLANNED FOR, then am not getting the output. e.g : "Test planned for - R1 [R001.0]" Am getting the following error :
Error 500: CRRED0122E: Illegal syntax in fields argument: '.

For rest of the planned for it is working fine.

Is there any way to escape this [ ] ?

Request you to assist on this.

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 18 '17, 1:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The keyword here is "URL Encoding", I think. If you know that Google is amazing. 8)

Start here: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp
My search on stackoverflow indicates that there are different encoding schemes that might apply for different parts of the request. URL encoding if you use the stuff in an URL and then header/parameter encoding.

This is basically nothing special to the products. This is driven by open standards.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.