It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using lscm to set component baselines on a stream with no stream reference

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Oct 04 '18, 5:13 p.m.
Here's the scenario: I created a snapshot on a workspace with baselines so now all the components of that stream have a baseline "baseline1".  Then the snapshot is deleted.  Now I want to reconfigure a stream using all these component baselines (all named "baseline1").  How would I go about using lscm set component for that?  The arguments for set component:

target-workspace - The target workspace or stream to change. To specify the
                     workspace or stream, use its name[@repo], alias, or
                     UUID[@repo].
  replace-type     - Source item type. One of: "workspace", "stream",
                     "snapshot" or "historyRef"
  replace-source   - Source of the new components. This item must be of type
                     specified in replace-type. To specify an item, use its
                     name[@repo], alias or UUID[@repo].
  components       - Components to replace. To specify a component, use its
                     name, alias or UUID.

I have a target stream but replace-type is not a workspace, stream, or snapshot.  It's just a baseline for the component.  I'm not sure how to use historyRef - is that what I'm looking for?

I had to do this with the UI because I couldn't figure out the right syntax to do it from the command line but am still interested to know how I would set a component baseline into a stream when no other stream, snapshot, or workspace is using the baseline that I want to set.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Oct 05 '18, 12:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't think that is possible today. We may have to add "baseline" as one of the options to replace-type and the replace-source would be a baseline name. I have raised an enhancement request: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=467611

Andy Jewell selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Oct 05 '18, 1:29 p.m.

Great, thank you, Shashikant.  Very glad you are tending to the CLI! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.