It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.5, deployed xml file on server is not working

Rahi J (29637) | asked Sep 27 '18, 5:17 a.m.
edited Sep 28 '18, 4:55 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646)

Dear Team,

We have implemented a feature - "Work-item will automatically move to "New" state from "deferred" state after 30 day's from last modification date".

To enabling this functionality we have wrote a plugin and write a xml file. 

We have deployed the same on our local server where everything is working fine, but when we have deployed the same to client location server then the xml file is not working.

Kindly let me know if is there specific setting/services we have to enable/disable on server machine ? as we are unable to find the root cause in plugin itself.

Thank You!
Regards,
Deepak Jain

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 28 '18, 5:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Bottom line, there is no information in the question anyone could act upon. So there will likely no answers other than read this and provide more information: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/203755/how-should-i-ask-a-question-in-the-forum-if-i-want-to-receive-useful-answers

There should be no differences on how to deploy on different application servers. The mechanism is always the same. There have been questions in this forum in the past that could apply in general
  • There could be class loader issues -> check the server logs
  • Very popular is to have dependencies to stuff that is not in the common and the server API e.g. client API. This might work on Jetty, but no where else -> check the server logs
  • I am not sure, but there might be rules on where the server can access files. So maybe that location is different or needs to be configured in different application servers.

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123860) | answered Oct 01 '18, 4:49 a.m.
edited Oct 01 '18, 4:51 a.m.
We have deployed the same on our local server where everything is working fine, but when we have deployed the same to client location server then the xml file is not working.

Have you request server reset, right?

Also, check Provision Status and Component Status pages for errors.
Cheers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.