It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cross Reference Links

Sean F (1.3k243150) | asked Sep 26 '18, 11:00 a.m.
edited Sep 26 '18, 11:03 a.m.
I am experimenting to work out the best method of cross reference linking.

This is where for example a paragraph of text in a module refers to a heading in another part of the module. We want a simple navigable link to jump to the section heading.

The link is added by editing the text and selecting the reference words and right cliking 'add link' and then navigating to the heading object.

The questions are

1. What type of link to use
2. Module context or base artifact for source
3. Module context or base artifact for target

My initial answers are

1. Use the 'No traceability link' option (which creates a simple hyperlink rather than a DNG link)
2. Module context (normally avoid module context for DNG links but I think this is a reasonable exception)
3. Module Context (base artifact does not work at all in this case as it takes you to a standalone heading artifact instead of a location in a module)

Do these guesses make sense?

Has anybody done it this way or a different way?

Also we will need to turn this project containing this module into a project template and then create new instances and the hyperlinks have to work within the new instance (i.e. not traverse back to the original instance from which the project template was created)

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.