It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC work item: add subscriber without RTC ID

Michael Taylor (8865764) | asked Sep 25 '18, 11:49 a.m.

Is there a way to add one or more subscribers to a Work Item where the subscribers don't have an ID to login to RTC? The purpose of this question is to email outside application users when a Work Item they care about is updated.

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Sep 26 '18, 8:34 a.m.

In addition to Ralph's comment, note the user need to be part of Team or Project area to get notified by email.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 26 '18, 2:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

CLM needs the user record to get the e-mail address, as well as the user configuration, to send the mail. So the user has to have an ID. Having an ID does not require to have a license.

Comments
Michael Taylor commented Oct 05 '18, 11:17 a.m.

Thanks!

Today when we create a user ID in RTC, we're required for the user to be in the client's Active Directory.

Is there a way to create the user record, and if necessary for email notifications add them to the Team or Project area, without adding them to the client's Active Directory?

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 08 '18, 3:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If I remember a customer presentation correctly it is possible to set up a federated realm ( https://jazz.net/library/article/97 ) with an LDAP and a local user registry. I have not done this myself and can not help with the details, unfortunately.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.