It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Validator javascript does not block save

nannette Mori (50572) | asked Sep 19 '18, 4:25 p.m.

RTC 6.0.3

I have 2 validator java scripts that are not blocking the save.  I have the attribute validation pre-conditioned enabled for my role. 

It is displaying the error message if you hover the red x by the attribute but allows the save to go through...

The values in the script is from an customized attribute enumeration in both validator scripts.

I am doing a compare between a delivery value and a Event Value if they don't match

return new Status(Severity["ERROR"], "Validation failed");

However it is still allowing work item to save in both of the validator scripts. Does anyone have any idea why it is not blocking the save.  I work in a closed area so I cannot put my script contents in here but my script follows the validator example.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 20 '18, 2:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 20 '18, 2:36 a.m.

There are the following causes I would consider:

1. The project area process is broken in some ways. There have been rare cases where this was the case => support.
The next two causes account for 98% of the cases I have seen over the years.
2. The script is wrong => Debugging/logging 
3. The script works and the process works as designed but there is a lack of understanding on how process, especially advisors, work. E.g. only the first matching role configuration found is executed and users have usually multiple roles  and roles are ordered. The roles are configured in a process area hierarchy and the operation behavior is evaluated starting with the process area that owns the element to be modified. So the stuff works, but the way it is configured never triggers because another role takes precedence. See:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.