It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we bulk update RTC Private Components?

Hareesh Jairaj (832138) | asked Sep 07 '18, 5:21 a.m.

Hi all,

Is there any possibility to export the components in a instance with details like Project area,component name,Ownership and visibility into a Excel sheet.

There are few components created as Private (over instance) which i want to list out and update the ownership(Project area) and visibility details in bulk from Jazz-admin login( as private components are listed to created user and Jazz admin).

Is there any possibility to achieve this ? 

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Sep 07 '18, 12:39 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no out of the box feature to export the list of components along with their name/owner/visibility.

You can multi-select components in the UI to update the owner and visibility, but that would be a long manual task.

You could easily write your own plain-Java plugin to do this though (to both find the relevant components and update the visibility appropriately).

Comments
Hareesh Jairaj commented Sep 10 '18, 5:22 a.m.
Thank you for your response. 

Is there any chance that we can list the private components from DB tables?

David Lafreniere commented Oct 11 '18, 11:26 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, I'm not a DB expert and don't know the answer. Hopefully someone else might see this secondary question and chime in. I'm assuming an administrator could write some SQL against the DB to query for all components that have private visibility somehow.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.