It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG - Enable Global Configuration Management

Sean F (1.3k243150) | asked Sep 03 '18, 1:02 p.m.
retagged Sep 04 '18, 6:54 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

I am usnig DNG 605

The instructions for enabling global configuration management (so that I can do linking between CM components) are here

They do not seem to be different to the instructions for enabling regular (non-global) configuration management (I do not have multiple JTS topology - I am just running the demo version on a local machine)).

I have already enabled and am successfully using CM in DNG (streams, components, change sets, change control etc.) but not GCM.

So I can use all the CM functionality but I cannot do cross-project links. (cross project links work OK if CM is not enabled)

If I try to navigate to the GCM project list I get an error

{"nestedError":{"nestedError":{"nestedError":{"errorClass":"java.lang.ThreadDeath","errorMessage":null,"errorCode":null},"errorClass":"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError","errorMessage":"com.hp.hpl.jena.datatypes.TypeMapper (initialization failure)","errorCode":null},"errorClass":"com.ibm.websphere.servlet.error.ServletErrorReport","errorMessage":"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.hp.hpl.jena.datatypes.TypeMapper (initialization failure)","errorCode":null},"errorClass":"java.lang.RuntimeException","errorMessage":"com.ibm.websphere.servlet.error.ServletErrorReport: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.hp.hpl.jena.datatypes.TypeMapper (initialization failure)","errorCode":500}

</pre>

Is there some additional setting required on the GCM Admin Advanced Properties page?

The GC Admin page is the only bit of GCM I can access.

2 answers

permanent link
Tom Poulin (662) | answered Sep 04 '18, 1:43 p.m.

The work to enable configuration management (at the application and project area level) is a subset of the work to enable global configuration management. The latter requires GCM, creation of a GCM project area, and then GCs having contributions from other applications (like DNG).

It sounds to me like your GCM deployment has an issue. You say you can access gc/admin, but presumably not gc/web. How did you "try to navigate to the GCM project list"? By navigating to gc/web? The error about missing class files could indicate something is missing or corrupt in the GCM installation. Check gc.log and your web container log for clues, but you may want to reach out to support directly.

You need to get to the point where GCM is registered to the JTS, you've created a GCM project area, and created a component and global configuration within that project area before you can proceed.

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Sep 04 '18, 6:01 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sean
There may be an issue with your GC application deployment. Check gc.log.  I would use this link for a workflow, https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.gcapp.doc/topics/c_configs_workflow.html

If you cannot do what is in Step 2, then there is a problem.
2.  In GCM, the configuration lead selects or creates a component on the Browse Components page.

The component represents physical or logical pieces of your system and provides context to help you define a “family” of configurations, including baselines.

See Creating a component to establish a work context.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.