It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG - Traceability reports between RM instances using OSLC References links

Sean F (1.3k243150) | asked Aug 27 '18, 4:25 a.m.

I understand that it is possible to use the References link type in conjunction with OSLC integration in order to create links from an RM artifact in one RM instance to an RM artifact in a separate RM instance.

I am wondering if it is also possible to create traceability views and report based on these links in the same way that can be done for regular RM links?

Also, are these links regular RM links. i.e. bi-directionally navigable and appearing in the links list for both artifacts? Or are they more like DOORS Classic external links (i.e. simple one way hyperlinks)

I guess you could also create links between RM instance artifacts using the URL from 'Share link' from the artifact in RM Instance A and pasting it into a text attribute on an artifact in RM Instance B, but these links would certainly not be bidirectional or reportable.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 27 '18, 7:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

>>> I am wondering if it is also possible to create traceability views and report based on these links in the same way that can be done for regular RM links?

Yes I believe so.

>>> Also, are these links regular RM links. i.e. bi-directionally navigable and appearing in the links list for both artifacts? 

Yes, I believe they are bi-directionally navigable.

Note that beginning with 6.0.6 and for projects with configuration management enabled, you can define and use custom link types across servers just as you can do already across project areas and components on the same RM server.

Sean F selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean F commented Aug 27 '18, 8:25 a.m.

Thanks Daniel.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.