It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Event listeners

Mihai Arama (152) | asked Aug 27 '18, 3:45 a.m.

Hello,

I am new to RTC and I would like to know if it is possible to create scripts that will act based on events.

Example:

A work-item has sub-tasks. When at least one of that sub-tasks is moved to the working state, then the parent work item also moves to working.

Is there a place anywhere to show what are the current events in RTC?

Can they be 'listened' to by custom scripts?

Thank you!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Luca Martinucci (1.0k294112) | answered Aug 27 '18, 4:55 a.m.

In order to achieve your goal, you should develop an extension using the server-side Java API.

Actually, you need to write a follow-up action on the "workItemSave" extension point.
Perhaps you can also (and alternatively) write an event handler on the "stateChanged" (?) extension point.
Follow-up actions run synchronously with the operation that triggered them (the save operation on a work item, for example); if they fail for some reason, the operation fails too.
Event handlers instead run asynchronously, when the operation that triggered them has completed, so, if they fail, they do not affect the operation.
This workshop https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 is a must to start developing extensions.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is nothing comparable for event handling.

Mihai Arama selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mihai Arama commented Aug 27 '18, 5:01 a.m.

Thank you very much! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.