It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why one text box in RPE template is not printing in Word on same line as other text boxes in the same Paragraph element box?

Michael Laurendi (105944) | asked Aug 21 '18, 3:45 p.m.

I am using RPE Document Studio 6.0.5, DNG 6.0.5 with no GC.

Output is Word document.

I am running RPE template with DNG module and DNG text against a DNG module.
I am able to generate a Word document with my module's artifact's contents.

In my template paragraph I print artifact content in the Text boxes. I have 4 text boxes in the same Paragraph box. The 4th Text box is to print dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div.

Why is it on the next line? I want all 4 text boxes printed on the same line. The first 3 text boxes are short in length so it is not a line wrap. The total character length for all 4 text boxes is well within the max char length for a line.

In my template, there is an asterisk after the word "Text" in the top of the text box. What does that indicating?

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Aug 22 '18, 5:05 a.m.
This is expected since in the 4th Text element, you are printing richTextBody that contains <div> and <p> tags in the XHTML.
If you want all 4 Texts to be printed in same line, you have 2 options:
1. Use Script Expression and remove <div> and <p> tags from the XHTML.
2. Print dataSource/artifact/primaryText (instead of dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div), that gives the stripped version of requirement text.
Note that you need to append ptext=true to the data source URI to get the primary text.

Comments
Michael Laurendi commented Aug 22 '18, 11:42 a.m.

What do you mean in your note about appending ptext= true? Is this done in the Data Source Configuration in the Dynamic configuration where the about.replace is done to replace "resources/" with "publish/text?resourceURI="?

Michael Laurendi commented Aug 22 '18, 11:56 a.m.

Hi Subramanya,

I should search the Jazz.net Forum first. I found your discussion with Linda Roberts on this, and tried it in my Data Source Configuration. I am now getting the Primary Text not in XHTML format which is what I need.

Thanks for your help answering my questions.
R/
Mike

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.