It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reporting on Test Script Step Result information

Timothy Distel (73146) | asked Aug 08 '18, 9:44 a.m.
edited Aug 08 '18, 9:48 a.m.

Hello,

I am using CLM Suite 6.0.3.

I need to build a custom report based on test script step result information (Script ID, Step #, Step Result, Actual Result, Comment, Tester) that is linked to a Requirement. I am creating the report in JRS, and I know the test script step information is only available for test scripts linked to defects/requirements in the data warehouse. We have no accessibility to LQE as a data source currently.

I believe I can create a base query that will be generated, but would then require further editing the SQL Query itself to join these views correctly into the report. And I believe the information I need would exist in these two views in the data warehouse:
--RIDW.VW_EXECUTION_STEP_RESULT 
--RIDW.VW_TESTSCRIPT_STEP

Someone earlier this year asked something similar, but I believe my request is slightly different:

In the answer provided by Cathy I believe the same foundation for the report holds true for me, except perhaps requiring an extra join where Nathan did not need one. The issue I'm having is I am not familiar with SQL or extracting information from DCC. Does anyone have information on SQL as it relates to DCC or specifically on the SQL Query I am trying to generate?

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 14 '18, 10:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Tomothy, I created the following story for adding the functionality you are asking for: Story

Comments
Timothy Distel commented Aug 14 '18, 10:54 a.m.

Rafik,

Thank you. I appreciate the submission, unfortunately I think making the script steps reportable from the data warehouse using JRS may require changes being made to the data source itself. My request is currently possible but only with knowledge of SQL queries and the data warehouse schema, and I have limited knowledge of both. I am still actively seeking how to configure the SQL query correctly to generate the report I need.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.