It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reporting on Test Script Step information

Nathan Hoburn (1719) | asked Feb 26 '18, 12:58 p.m.

Hello,

I need to build a custom report based on test script step information (Step description, Expected Results, Step Name) that is linked to a Requirement.

So the relationship would be: Requirement > Test Case > Test Script > Test Script Step

I know the test script step information is only available for test scripts linked to defects/requirements in the data warehouse and we have no near term plans to use LQE.

I can see the following views in the data warehouse that appear to house the  data I need on test scripts and script steps:

--RIDW.VW_EXECUTION_STEP_RESULT
--RIDW.VW_TESTSCRIPT_STEP 

The issue I am having is, I need to join these two views onto several other views in my query. Without prior knowledge of the architecture of the two test script views and based on the fact that they aren't being used in JRS, how can I know that the data being collected in them is complete and not just a partial set? 

I need to join:

--RIDW.VW_TESTSCRIPT_STEP 

And

--RIDW.VW_EXECUTION_STEP_RESULT

Onto the other views in the query that I know have complete data: 

--RIDW.VW_REQUIREMENT
--RIDW.VW_TESTCASE
--RIDW.VW_EXECUTION_WORKITEM
--RIDW.VW_REQUEST
--RIDW.VW_REQUIREMENT_REQUEST_LOOKUP
--RIDW.VW_REQUIREMENT_TESTCASE_LOOKUP

I need to know what columns the second set of views have in common with the test script step views. I am not familiar with all of the ID columns in the test script step views so I cannot be sure that they match up, even though they may have the same name. Can I get more detailed information on if the test script step views have columns in common with the second set of views I have listed?  

Jazz version 6.0.5
Data Warehouse Data Source

Thank you
<o:p> </o:p>

2 answers

permanent link
Cathy Xu (390515) | answered Feb 27 '18, 2:01 a.m.

Hi Nathan,

To get the linkage between "Test Script" and "Test Script Step" (Test Script > Test Script Step) you can JOIN these 2 Views:
RIDW.VW_TESTSCRIPT
RIDW.VW_TESTSCRIPT_STEP

You can BUILD the report from Report Builder using existing
Requirement > Test Case > Test Scrip relationship.
Then from the FORMAT RESULTS>ADVANCED, Edit the generated query there, to JOIN above 2 views to get testscript steps info...
Hope this helps.

permanent link
Timothy Distel (73356) | answered Aug 06 '18, 12:07 p.m.
edited Aug 06 '18, 12:09 p.m.

Cathy (or Nathan),

I am looking to report on test script step results using the data warehouse. My request would be slightly different from Nathan's as I'm requesting test script step result information where Nathan is requesting test script step information. I believe I would need to first join the RIDW.VW_TESTSCRIPT view together with the RIDW.VW_TESTSCRIPT_STEP view, followed by joining the RIDW.VW_TESTSCRIPT_STEP view together with the RIDW.VW_EXECUTION_STEP_RESULT view. Could one of you verify? Also I am not very SQL experienced, would it be possible to see an entry joining these views from the generated query described in the answer that was provided? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.