RPE Document Builder fails to start after V6.0.6 iFix001 upgrade
We're using WebSphere V8.5.5.13 to host CLM in a distributed environment. One host has the JTS, GC, LDX and RPE applications. I was able to get RPE V6.0.6 integrated successfully last month and everything worked properly.
Today I updated the CLM tools to V6.0.6 iFix001. RPE will not start after this upgrade. I suspect the RPE depends upon in the directories that are deleted from the profile (temp, wstemp, workspace) during the upgrade.
In the trace file, I get messages like this:
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.helpers.WARFileAnnotationsDetector locateAnnotations Failes to create class reader for [ module-info.class ] in [WEB-INF\lib\javax.json-1.1.jar ]; [ null ] org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.helpers.WARFileAnnotationsDetector locateAnnotations Failes to create class reader for [ module-info.class ] in [WEB-INF\lib\javax.json-api-1.1.jar ]; [ null ]
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.helpers.WARFileAnnotationsDetector locateAnnotations Failes to create class reader for [ module-info.class ] in [WEB-INF\lib\javax.json.bind-api-1.0.jar ]; [ null ]
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.helpers.WARFileAnnotationsDetector locateAnnotations Failes to create class reader for [ module-info.class ] in [WEB-INF\lib\javax.yasson-1.0.1.jar ]; [ null ]
Then the rpeng and dgaas applications won't start. I'm thinking that re-deploying the com.ibm.rpe.web.app will resolve the issue.
Anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Fran
One answer
Kumar,
Agreed - nothing in the upgrade broke it - but as stated in the original question - removing the temp, wstemp and workspace folders during the iFix upgrade appeared to remove something that the RPE webapp required to start properly.
I got it working again by redeploying the jar, configuring the user roles and linking the shared library. Fortunately this is a test environment so there were no major issues.
IBM may want to update the installation/upgrade docs to indicate that RPE should be installed in its own profile when using WebSphere Base.
Fran
Comments
Kumaraswamy Gowda
Aug 01 '18, 2:57 a.m.