It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM API Utility error: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException

Kevin Rayton (1315) | asked Jul 26 '18, 10:20 a.m.
 Need a way to export test results, like the PDF export but I need the attachments to be embedded in the file not just links so they can be read offline and I need it to not show the previous results.
Was hoping to use the RQM API to do this but my web skills are very limited and cant understand much of what is in the documentation but found the "RQM API Utility" and the "RQM Url Utility" but every time I try and use these I'm getting "java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SSL_TLS SSLContext not available".
Ive looked through the internet for days trying to find a solution and sofar nothing has worked:
I'm using RQM 6.0.5
RQM API Utility, version 1.0
java version "1.8.0_181"
ive tried:
commenting out the disabledAlgorithms
different java versions 6,8,10

5 answers

permanent link
Rolan Rister (11) | answered Jul 26 '18, 12:15 p.m.

If the attachments are MS Word files, I believe you could use RPE (Rational Publishing Engine) to generate the report and display the content of the embedded files within the PDF report output.  If they are other file types, then there is a method to use RPE to generate a report in Word Format, then uses RQM Url Utility to get the embedded files out to a folder, and runs a Word macro to embed them as icons in the Word report.   Still must open the embedded files to see them from Word, but at least they are not just links that may not be accessible by all readers.

Comments
Kevin Rayton commented Jul 27 '18, 3:29 a.m.
The files are images, zips and txt files, so the first is not an option, the second is what I'm trying to do but I cant get the RQM Url Utility to work because of the mentioned error.

permanent link
Rolan Rister (11) | answered Jul 27 '18, 2:41 p.m.

I've not seen the error you are getting, but I wonder if you have the correct version of RQM URL Utility.  It does appear to get updated for most every release of RQM.

I think the 6.0.5 version is here :

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/6.0.5?p=allDownloads

Under

Rational Quality Manager URL Utility

Comments
Kevin Rayton commented Aug 01 '18, 9:38 a.m.

I am using the one labelled as 6.0.5 and tried 6.0.6 aswell

permanent link
Rolan Rister (11) | answered Aug 01 '18, 1:18 p.m.

One more thought.

You might try executing the RQMUrlUtility jar using a command line with a additional switch to specify the protocol like this,

java -Dcom.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.protocol=TLSv1.2 -jar ...

Comments
Kevin Rayton commented Aug 02 '18, 4:27 a.m.

afraid that has just added another SSLContext not available error 

permanent link
Rolan Rister (11) | answered Aug 06 '18, 12:27 p.m.

Not sure what else to suggest. When I ran into issues with the utility I tried running it from a Windows command line until I figured out what to do. I essentially ended up using this command line structure to extract files out of RQM, then embed the file into my Word document in the macro.

java -Dcom.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.protocol=TLSv1.2 -jar "RQMUrlUtility.jar" -command GET -user "RQMusername" -password RQMpassword -filepath "the file path for the attachment" -url theRQMURLoftheattachment

Comments
Kevin Rayton commented Aug 06 '18, 12:37 p.m.
 this may have got me closer, with this structure it still tells me the "SSLContext not available" but now it doesn't seem to through the full java exception 
Default cookie policy RFC_2109 is used.
RQMUrlUtility: Connected to https://lgrqm.clm.ibmcloud.com using project "rqm.clm.ibmcloud.com"
Attempting to create protocol context using system property: TLSv1.2
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: TLSv1.2 SSLContext not available
Attempting to create SSL_TLS context
... more but no remaing charaters 

permanent link
Kevin Rayton (1315) | answered Sep 27 '18, 7:04 a.m.

Managed to get this working by unzipping the jar and replacing the HTTP classes with the ones from the command line adapter then re zipping it

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.