It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it feasible for RPE to generate the following and if so, where do I start?

Timothy Distel (73148) | asked Jul 19 '18, 11:29 a.m.
edited Jul 19 '18, 11:41 a.m.

Hello,

I am using RPE 2.1.2. I was wondering if it would be feasible for RPE to create a large table (1300 page word document) that reflects the following on test scripts:

Script ID | Step#/Result | Description   | Expected Result |   Actual Result    |      Comment      |   Tester   | Start-Time

627     | Step 9 Pass  | Insert Disk 6 |   Install Drivers   | Drivers Installed  | Prompt unclear | John.Doe | 11:13:59

I am brand new to RPE. I have successfully added a data source schema from my production environnment and have been referenced to the following link to "learn the rest API for RQM" [https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#RQM_Resource_URL_Specification], however it is unclear to me what data is pertinent in building a report like this. I am focusing in RPE Document Studio; not RPE in a web browser.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Jul 20 '18, 1:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, it is possible but there will be RQM settings you need to change to receive a big feed of data. By default 50 feed entries show when performing GET on RQM (see Max feed entries, RQM advanced properties).

Timothy Distel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Timothy Distel commented Jul 20 '18, 8:40 a.m.

In the first link you reference, I understand that the relationship needs to be made, but I am unsure of how to go about that. Where do I change these settings? Is this something that happens within the RPE template? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.