It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Lyo OSLC read raw xml rdf response from DOORS

Ahmed Waheed (1114) | asked Jul 10 '18, 9:15 a.m.
edited Jul 10 '18, 9:17 a.m.

I am using the following sample code to retrieve requirements data from DOORS by URL, which is derived from the eclipse lyo code examples, I can see the requirement data parsed into the "requirement" object, but I need to get the raw response (XML RDF) instead

I could not find a method or a field in the "ClientResponse" that returns this raw response.

ClientResponse response = client.getResource(url, OslcMediaType.APPLICATION_RDF_XML);
      System.setProperty(AbstractOslcRdfXmlProvider.OSLC4J_STRICT_DATATYPES, "false");
      Requirement requirement = new Requirement();
      requirement = response.getEntity(Requirement.class);

Comments
Gabriel Ruelas commented Jul 10 '18, 9:52 a.m.

Hi,

You can load the response in an input stream and then use it to create a Jena Model:

InputStream is = getResponse.getEntity(InputStream.class);
Model model = ModelFactory.createDefaultModel();
 model.read(is, ""); 

Best Regards.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Andrew Berezovskyi (764) | answered Jul 17 '19, 9:32 a.m.

Ahmed,

The way Gabriel suggests is the most accurate one. The reason is that RDF/XML is not XML but first and foremost, RDF. Also, this is the only "exceptional" entity type can be read for all cases: https://wink.apache.org/documentation/1.0/api/org/apache/wink/client/ClientResponse.html#getEntity(org.apache.wink.client.EntityType) (I assume you are using the old Lyo Client).

Cheers,
Andrew
(Eclipse Lyo project lead)

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29337) | answered Jul 10 '18, 11:18 a.m.

Use one of the ClientResponse.getEntity methods.

permanent link
Jean-Luc Johnson (8125) | answered Jul 11 '18, 4:25 a.m.
Hello there.
Try
string rawReq = response.getEntity(String.class);

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.