It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Suspicion doesn't work in DNG

Amit Garg (311949) | asked Jun 22 '18, 7:20 a.m.

We enabled Suspicion profile/Tracking in DNG but when we make changes to any of the two linked artifacts, the suspicion doesn't appear. Are we missing something here. The link type which is tracked is 'Link to' and attributes/artifact type are selected as 'All' But still it does not work.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 22 '18, 10:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

One answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Jun 22 '18, 4:06 p.m.
edited Jun 22 '18, 4:09 p.m.
The trick you are probably missing Amit is that, as well as setting up the profile and switching on tracking, you also need to select the suspicion profile you want to view from within the project.

While looking at the artifacts view in the project, open the project menu (small icon with 3 horizontal bars in the top right) and choose 'select suspicion profiles' (I think that is the name of the menu option but I don't have it running just now to check) and select the profile you want to use for tracking.

Then you can view suspicion by inserting the suspicion column or any of the other suspicion viewing options.

But the other 2 things to be aware of is that

1. indexing the links takes some time after you enable tracking. There is a progress window you can check.
2. You also must not have configuration management enabled for the project as suspicious links is replaced by a different feature in that case

Comments
Amit Garg commented Jun 25 '18, 3:53 a.m.

Thanks Sean for your response.

I tried your suggestion too. I selected the suspicion profile to be tracked and then made the changes to the linked requirement so that it appears under suspicion, but no change.

Also, yes I had completed the indexing after enabling the tracking. I don't have config management enables for the project. We are using CLM 6.0.4.

NOTE: I have tried the same settings in jazz.net sandbox and it doesn't work there too.

Sean F commented Jun 25 '18, 6:13 a.m. | edited Jun 25 '18, 6:14 a.m.
The suspicion tracker takes 60 seconds to update so you need to wait a minute to see the results.

Also are you looking at the correct end of the link?

Suspicion only appears on the other end of the link from the artifact that was changed.

If there a link A---->B then when B changes suspicion appears on A and vice versa.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.