It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to I control permissions on the use of the new RTC source control Rollback function

Richard Michelson (21614) | asked May 31 '18, 9:39 a.m.
edited Jun 01 '18, 1:53 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

As an RTC administrator I want to be able to control who has permission to perform the new source control "Rollback" function on a stream or component. However, I do not see a related permission setting. Is there a means to control permissions on performing a rollback.

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 01 '18, 1:53 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The Rollback operation requires the permission to Replace components in the stream.

1. Navigate to https://<host>:<port>/ccm/admin#action=com.ibm.team.process.manageProjectAreas
  2. Select the project area.
  3. Click Permissions in the left pane.
  4. Select the process role you would like to change the permissions for.

In the Source Control section, expand Save Stream > Modify > Stream > Modify the stream components > Replace components in the stream.

Note: the Rollback option in the Eclipse menu is never grayed out, even when a user does NOT have permission to "replace components in the stream". This is expected. If/when this user tries to run "Rollback" on a stream (or a stream component), they will receive an error in the Team Advisor view stating that they do not have the required permission, and no action would occur. RTC does not filter out the possible actions in the Eclipse client based on process role permissions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.