It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Attribute Customization Conditions is not reponded for enumeration value selected

Frederick Ho (112) | asked May 23 '18, 12:07 p.m.

Hi all.  I'm writing a Conditions script in RTC to mandate a "large HTML" attribute based on a specific selection of enumeration value checkbox.  It works fine in the eclipse client but not showing red asterisk in RTC webUI.  The script is very simple as following:
dojo.provide("com.meritain.isDatatoExternalPartyCheckedTestingTwo");
dojo.require("com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.WorkItemAttributes");
(function() {
     var WorkItemAttributes = com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.WorkItemAttributes;
 dojo.declare("com.meritain.isDatatoExternalPartyCheckedTestingTwo", null, {
        matches: function(workItem, configuration) {      

var impactType = workItem.getValue("impactsType");
  var enumValue = impactType.search("ImpactType.literal.l12");              
  if (enumValue === 1)
  {
   return true;
  }
  return false;
        }
    });
})()

I also did the same thing for the WI workflow action condition.  When user select an action in the Status dropdown list, an asterisk is shown on the attribute without committing Save action. 

Is the Cust Attr Conditions not working for enumeration value in RTC webUI (tested with IE, Chrome and Firefox)? If you know any work-around, please let me know.

Thanks, Freddy

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 24 '18, 2:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please look at the API as described: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization
The comparison you do to find the literal might be a problem. The API also explains some special considerations for the state/state change.

In short, I have seen many similar conditions that work. Note that you should either CTRL+F5 the browser or close the browser and reopen it if deploying JavaScript attribute customization to make sure the changes are reloaded and caches are cleaned.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.