It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Collaboration - Chats with Google Talk and blogs

christelle scharff (91193) | asked Oct 07 '09, 1:18 a.m.
Hi,

We have Jazz up and running.

* We could add a connection with Google Talk for chat, but we can never see if somebody is connected (even if that person is logged into Google Talk).

Do we need to install a chat server on the server side? Do we need something else on the client side?

Is there some documentation on this?

* Also, in doc of Jazz, there are references to blogs. Where can we find these blogs?

* What is the philosophy for the exchange of files and documents? Where can they be saved in Jazz?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

5 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Oct 07 '09, 11:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

We have Jazz up and running.

* We could add a connection with Google Talk for chat, but we can never see if somebody is connected (even if that person is logged into Google Talk).

Do we need to install a chat server on the server side? Do we need something else on the client side?

Is there some documentation on this?

I'm not sure about this one, in theory you shouldn't need anything else.

* Also, in doc of Jazz, there are references to blogs. Where can we find these blogs?

The Jazz Team blog is where we talk about Jazz related topics and is at http://jazz.net/blog/.

* What is the philosophy for the exchange of files and documents? Where can they be saved in Jazz?

Today, you can use work item attachments to store files with work items.

For 2.0.0.2, due out in December, we are providing access to the files in source control via the web. You will be able to upload/download/lock and associate work items with them directly in the web. That is our first idea for very simple document exchange. You will be able to send someone a URL to a file/folder and collaborate.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

permanent link
christelle scharff (91193) | answered Oct 07 '09, 4:05 p.m.
Chatting problem: Even when I am connected to Google Talk if I put the mouse on my name I appear offline but there is a green/blue icon near my name.

I was meaning: Are there blogs for the teams within jazz?

Today, you can use work item attachments to store files with work items.

For 2.0.0.2, due out in December, we are providing access to the files in source control via the web. You will be able to upload/download/lock and associate work items with them directly in the web. That is our first idea for very simple document exchange. You will be able to send someone a URL to a file/folder and collaborate.

So where do we maintain light documentation? separately? or is there a wiki feature?

Thanks,

Christelle

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Oct 09 '09, 11:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

So where do we maintain light documentation? separately? or is there a wiki feature?

Hi

One place to store this information is in your plans. The front page of the plan uses wiki-format to allow you to capture information (its purpose is to document the plan - but there is no reason why you might not put other info there too.

As far as other documentation goes, and especially the conversations about work items - that should go into the work item itself.

anthony

permanent link
christelle scharff (91193) | answered Oct 09 '09, 6:01 p.m.

Hi

One place to store this information is in your plans. The front page of the plan uses wiki-format to allow you to capture information (its purpose is to document the plan - but there is no reason why you might not put other info there too.

As far as other documentation goes, and especially the conversations about work items - that should go into the work item itself.

anthony

Thanks I will try that.

Where are chats saved?

Chris

permanent link
christelle scharff (91193) | answered Nov 03 '09, 11:16 a.m.
Hi,

Can we access the chat history somewhere in the Web UI or inside the RTC client?

What will be the best way to capture chat conversations where decisions were taken? (copy and paste it with the work item it corresponds to?)

Thanks

Christelle

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.