It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing RTC 2 into an existing Eclipse Client

Steve Gardner (3121) | asked Oct 06 '09, 12:48 p.m.
Im sure this is a basic question. But I need basic information for how do I get the RTC client integrated into an existing eclipse client.

Yes the existing client is 3.4.5, I know that is a prerequisite.

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Oct 06 '09, 3:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Im sure this is a basic question. But I need basic information for how do I get the RTC client integrated into an existing eclipse client.

Hi Steve

You should be able to use the Installation Manager to install into an existing 3.4.4 client. Try this on 3.4.5.

anthony

permanent link
Steve Gardner (3121) | answered Oct 14 '09, 12:35 p.m.

Hi Steve

You should be able to use the Installation Manager to install into an existing 3.4.4 client. Try this on 3.4.5.

anthony

Neither of the products was installed with installation manager. So that wont work.

I did find this http://bryanhunt.wordpress.com/2009/07/02/running-rational-team-concert-jazz-on-eclipse-3-5-mac-os-x/

These instructions are not specific to Mac OS X they should work for any OS.

The Jazz team does support a Mac OS X Client as an incubator project, but the client is based on Eclipse 3.4. You can download the client and get the jazz bundles to work in an Eclipse 3.5 environment. The Jazz client has dependencies on the following features:

* EMF, XSD, SDO
* GEF
* DTP

With the exception of SDO, all of the features can be installed from the Galileo update site. To get SDO, add the EMF releases update site and install the SDO runtime from the EMF 2.4.2 release.

From the downloaded client, move all of the sub-folders in jazz/client/eclipse/jazz to your Eclipse 3.5 dropins folder. You could use P2 to install the contents of those sub-folders; however, you must manually check every bundle to be installed. Id rather spend 10 seconds doing a drag-and-drop rather than 15 minutes checking checkboxes.

After you launch the client, you should be able to open the Team Artifacts view and create a connection to the repository at https://localhost:9443/jazz

This worked well and as a bonus I am now running the server on my Mac

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.