It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Make this artifact type a preferred artifact type (?)

Sean F (1.3k243149) | asked Mar 25 '18, 10:59 a.m.
retagged Jan 25 '19, 6:44 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)
What does this option mean when creating an artifact type within an DNG project?
The online doco does not make any reference to this option.
I am trying to create an artifact of base type Text (not base type Module) so this option is not in connection with preferred module content.
Also, while I am here, there is another seemingly undocumented option:-
Make this artifact type a preferred upload option (?)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (71015) | answered Mar 26 '18, 11:39 a.m.

Hi Sean,

What it means is everywhere you select an artifact type to 'create', it's going to show those marked as 'preferred' first in the list.  Same thing with Link types that you create (vs. those that are already defined in the tool).  I select the 'preferred' option for everything myself (Upload, Views, etc.).

Thanks,
Carol

Sean F selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean F commented Mar 26 '18, 12:55 p.m.

Thanks Carol 

3 other answers

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Jun 25 '18, 5:38 p.m.
I cannot seem to get the 'preferred artifact' option to have any effect.

If I make a dummy project with 3 artifact types

req A
req B
req C

and make req C the only 'preferred artifact' of the 3 it does not appear at the top of the list when i go to create a new artifact in a a new folder.

What is the intended effect of making an artifact type 'preferred' ?

permanent link
R J (132) | answered Sep 27 '22, 4:22 a.m.

I'd like to revive this thread because I have the same behavior that Sean F described.

Making artifacts "preferred artifact types" does not seem to have the intended effect.
Has anyone found out why that is and how to fix it?

permanent link
Jan Jancar (736) | answered Sep 30 '22, 10:46 a.m.

Hi all

If no artifact type is preferred artifact type in component settings, then all artifact types can be selected in "Create" button.
If at least 1 Artifact type is selected as preferred, then only the artifact types with these settings will appear in the dropdown.

kind regards
Jan
Softacus AG

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.