It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plug-in can't instantiate class

Aayushi Rag (215) | asked Mar 22 '18, 4:58 a.m.

I'm following the EXTENSION WORKSHOP and i am getting the below stated error on opening the eclipse ide(mars) :-
Plug-in "org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui" was unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.tasks.ui.views.TaskListView".
what should be done?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 22 '18, 11:11 p.m.

I think this is an Eclipse issue? If so, please post it over on the Eclipse forum. Not many Eclipse experts here.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 23 '18, 3:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There are version, chapter and step numbers for a reason. Since you omit all the useful information in your question, we can only guess what you are actually doing in what context. Therefore here the general answer:
That error is not related to the extension development, that is related to the Eclipse you are using. Try Luna or try a different packaging of Eclipse. As Donald mentions there are Eclipse forums where you might want to ask, Stackoverflow is also very useful to search and ask.

Aayushi Rag selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.