It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Refresh report

lidia iacobucci (2113) | asked Mar 21 '18, 10:22 a.m.

Hello,

I have a problem with automatically update of the reports.
I've created a report that extracts specific records based on specific criteria.
The displayed results are correct and are displayed correctly in the graphic format.

I inserted my report on a dashboard page.

Now the issue is if the user changes some data that expect a refresh of the report view. 
The report does not work properly .. the data shown is not updated. Why?
How can I allow the automatically refresh of the report (in a real time)? 

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96039) | answered Mar 21 '18, 8:05 p.m.

Hi lidia,

It depends on what kind of report you are using...
If it is the report using Data Warehouse, I think it is working as designed, because you need to run data collection job (ETL) to load the changes into the DW. So there is a time gap to refresh the data (usually up to 24 hours, depending on how frequently you run this job). You may add the frequency how often you run data collection job, but careful planning is required, as it may add significant workload into both report server and CLM server.

If you are running a report using Lifecycle Query Engine (LQE), it is almost real time (refreshed every minute by default), so this problem should not happen. This is the better option if you need real time report.

Comments
lidia iacobucci commented Mar 22 '18, 10:00 a.m.

ok, thank you. 

I checked and I have not the permission to change a data source.
Now, it is dwh.
So, How I can view details of the etl job? or how I can increase the frequency of the etl job? 

Kenji Sarai commented Mar 23 '18, 12:03 a.m.

Go to https://[servername]:9443/dcc/web > Data Collection job. Click on Schedule and Interval Schedule. You can set the interval of DCC job schedule.

Do not set too small number here. If the subsequent job starts before current job finishes, then eventually the scheduling will gets jammed. Monitor how long DCC job takes in the busiest time, and set higher number than this. Either way I doubt it will be as closed as real time, so I am not sure if DWH is the solution for you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.