It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to customize RQM items like in HP Quality Center?

Woody Grochulski (111) | asked Oct 05 '09, 8:10 a.m.
Hello All,

I'm a bit lost when trying to find the customization options of RQM.

Basically i would need to add at least
-1 field for the manual test item , that would be a simple
lookup list (eg: user can only select values from the list for this field)
- 1 control on the Defect workflow to ensure nobody can "RESOLVE" an item without having filled some mandatory information before.

So far i understand that customization can be done only via Team Concert, and written in java . Would you confirm?

One answer

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Oct 05 '09, 5:44 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
You're a bit out of luck customizing the manual test script. That is not supported in RQM. There has been a conscientious measured approach to customization due to the impact it has on a clean UI and the maintenance aspects.

You can customize defects/workitems. It is not done in Java, but rather through the RTC "process specification", which is an XML file (with some amount of specialized editor on top). You need to use the TeamConcert IDE to edit these settings in 2.0.

Regards,
John

Hello All,

I'm a bit lost when trying to find the customization options of RQM.

Basically i would need to add at least
-1 field for the manual test item , that would be a simple
lookup list (eg: user can only select values from the list for this field)
- 1 control on the Defect workflow to ensure nobody can "RESOLVE" an item without having filled some mandatory information before.

So far i understand that customization can be done only via Team Concert, and written in java . Would you confirm?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.