It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems installing RTC Express-C Edition

Drew Cobb (10132015) | asked Oct 02 '09, 4:00 p.m.
Forgive my basic question, but I am having problems installing Team Concert Express-C Edition. I THOUGHT I was supposed to install it using IBM Installation Manager, but when I bring up Installation Manager and try to set a repository, I cannot find the .inf file that one would normally set as a repository. Previously I have downloaded Team Concert Express-C Client and Server (64bit). As I mentioned above, I have installed Installation Manager and am looking to now install the Client software for RTC. Please help me and Thanks for all responses.

30 answers

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 5:09 p.m.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WASAndLDAPScenario

If you just want to map users the in WAS user registry, you can do that as well. I haven't tried this myself, but I think if you go to:

Enterprise Applications > jazz_war > Security role to user/group mapping

Select JazzAdmins and choose "Map Users". You should be able to map your WAS user (ex. wasadmin) to a JazzAdmins role. Restart the application (not WAS) and try the login page again.

This may have been the key - I had mapped users and groups, but I hadn't done it from inside the jazz_war config layer - I had done it at the WAS layer.

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 5:11 p.m.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WASAndLDAPScenario

If you just want to map users the in WAS user registry, you can do that as well. I haven't tried this myself, but I think if you go to:

Enterprise Applications > jazz_war > Security role to user/group mapping

Select JazzAdmins and choose "Map Users". You should be able to map your WAS user (ex. wasadmin) to a JazzAdmins role. Restart the application (not WAS) and try the login page again.

This did the trick - I'm now logged into the Jazz setup.

permanent link
Jason Wagner (76) | answered Nov 03 '09, 5:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's possible that you did correctly map the users already. ADMIN/ADMIN will not work for WAS (it's a tomcat thing in this case). If you just try to login using the same username/password that you used for WAS, I think that should work. (Sorry, I realized what you were saying earlier and edited my previous post, but it seems like it was too late.)

permanent link
Jason Wagner (76) | answered Nov 03 '09, 5:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Awesome! Glad to hear you got it working. WAS setup can be tricky. I'm in the process of filing a work item now to highlight some of the ways in which the documentation can be improved.

Good luck with your project!

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 5:17 p.m.
Awesome! Glad to hear you got it working. WAS setup can be tricky. I'm in the process of filing a work item now to highlight some of the ways in which the documentation can be improved.

Thanks Jason.

Alas, I'm not out of the woods yet - now, Jazz doesn't seem to want to connect to the default derby database - so I must have missed something - although, I thought that Derby would work out of the box.

permanent link
Jason Wagner (76) | answered Nov 03 '09, 5:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe that is because WAS requires an absolute URL to point to the repositoryDB. Currently there is a work item open about this: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=96984

Try to use something like this for the JDBC location:

/home/idcuser/jazz/server/repositoryDB

well, i guess it would be in windows notation for you.

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 5:34 p.m.

not connecting to the default derby instance

The database service is not available. Database status:
CRJAZ0502I The connection could not be created (vendor="derby", location="file:///C:/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/repositoryDB").

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 5:36 p.m.
I believe that is because WAS requires an absolute URL to point to the repositoryDB. Currently there is a work item open about this: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=96984

Try to use something like this for the JDBC location:

/home/idcuser/jazz/server/repositoryDB

well, i guess it would be in windows notation for you.

yup - that solved it - the reference should be just the real directory without the file:/// URI notation - another one for the docs

C:/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/repositoryDB

permanent link
srinivas kaveti (6) | answered Nov 10 '09, 9:46 p.m.
HI ,
I am trying install Enterprise RTC 2.0.0.1 on Windows 2003 servers . please help on step by step process if anybody have handy .
thanks in advance

Srini

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 11 '09, 7:53 a.m.
HI ,
I am trying install Enterprise RTC 2.0.0.1 on Windows 2003 servers . please help on step by step process if anybody have handy .
thanks in advance

Srini

Srini, can you give us a little more information first.

1. Are you using the IBM Installation Manager or a zip file?
2. Are you going to be using the built-in Derby DB, the DB2 DB that comes with RTC, or an already installed Enterprise DB?
3. What user registry method are you going to use: the Derby DB, a Tomcat registry, or a custom registry, or a Enterprise LDAP?
4. Do you have access to the RTC Infocenter - the instructions for installation are reasonably good (with some fixes as noted in previous messages).
Kevin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.