It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems installing RTC Express-C Edition

Drew Cobb (10132015) | asked Oct 02 '09, 4:00 p.m.
Forgive my basic question, but I am having problems installing Team Concert Express-C Edition. I THOUGHT I was supposed to install it using IBM Installation Manager, but when I bring up Installation Manager and try to set a repository, I cannot find the .inf file that one would normally set as a repository. Previously I have downloaded Team Concert Express-C Client and Server (64bit). As I mentioned above, I have installed Installation Manager and am looking to now install the Client software for RTC. Please help me and Thanks for all responses.

30 answers

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 3:43 p.m.
thanks for the hint - I'll check it again

I'm on Windows so it should be:

file:///C:/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf

unless I need two // for each of those directories

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 3:45 p.m.
Here's what I have set in
Application servers > server1 > Process definition > Java Virtual Machine > Custom properties

JAZZ_HOME file:///C:/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 3:48 p.m.
but, there's also a custom properties in:
Application servers > server1 > Custom properties

and I have

JAZZ_HOME file:///C:/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf

there as well - which is the proper place to have this

permanent link
Jason Wagner (76) | answered Nov 03 '09, 4:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should have it set in:

Application servers > server1 > Process definition > Java Virtual Machine > Custom properties

This should be the only place where you have JAZZ_HOME.

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 4:25 p.m.

OK - done.

I would like to point out that the documentation isn't very clear - it just says to put this variable in the "Custom Properties" without any path information, and there are several "Custom Properties" sections is the WAS admin console.

Thanks again - let's hope it helps.

permanent link
Jason Wagner (76) | answered Nov 03 '09, 4:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

OK - done.

I would like to point out that the documentation isn't very clear - it just says to put this variable in the "Custom Properties" without any path information, and there are several "Custom Properties" sections is the WAS admin console.

Agreed. I just got hung up on this exact point last week. I'll file a work item for it.

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 4:37 p.m.

OK - done.

OK - this seems to have at least got me to the point where I can get the setup login screen - now the ADMIN/ADMIN doesn't work - I thought that was hard coded in the jazz.war file

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 4:39 p.m.
Agreed. I just got hung up on this exact point last week. I'll file a work item for it.

If I can help out, particularly with documentation, I'd be pleased to provide some of my time. Poor documentation will always kill a great product.

permanent link
Jason Wagner (76) | answered Nov 03 '09, 5:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Good news, login prompt is a good sign! If you see the login prompt, try logging in with the same user that you use for the ISC. If that doesnt work, you can try:

Mapping the WAS users to the Jazz user groups. (JazzAdmins, JazzUsers, etc) There is a Wiki page which does a good job of explaining how to map users from an LDAP directory to jazz user groups.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WASAndLDAPScenario

If you just want to map users the in WAS user registry, you can do that as well. I haven't tried this myself, but I think if you go to:

Enterprise Applications > jazz_war > Security role to user/group mapping

Select JazzAdmins and choose "Map Users". You should be able to map your WAS user (ex. wasadmin) to a JazzAdmins role. Restart the application (not WAS) and try the login page again.

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 5:04 p.m.
Good news, login prompt is a good sign! The next step is to map the WAS users to the Jazz user groups. (JazzAdmins, JazzUsers, etc) There is a Wiki page which does a good job of explaining how to map users from an LDAP directory to jazz user groups.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WASAndLDAPScenario

If you just want to map users the in WAS user registry, you can do that as well. I haven't tried this myself, but I think if you go to:

Enterprise Applications > jazz_war > Security role to user/group mapping

Select JazzAdmins and choose "Map Users". You should be able to map your WAS user (ex. wasadmin) to a JazzAdmins role. Restart the application (not WAS) and try the login page again.

Thanks. - but again, another thing that's not in the documentation. I know that you all know this stuff - but new users don't and having documentation in many different places is an AntiPattern.

But thanks again - I thought I had done the user mapping but I'll go through it again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.