It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Fields in work item are shown as read only after remove the preconditions.

Anurag Patel (21868) | asked Feb 21 '18, 6:24 a.m.

Hi,

I have CCM application 6.0.2 and configured Scrum template.
Configured below preconditions for Task work item: 
1. Required Attributes For Type and State 
2. Read-Only Attributes For Type and State
3. Prevent Editing

I want to edit the old Task those are in Closed state.  So that remove all the Preconditions mentioned above.
But still Task shows all the fields are read only and mandatory fields.
Also logged in using the different role who doesn't have any preconditions configured, He is also getting mandatory and read only attributes in Closed state.

Checked below scenarios:
1. Check and Removed the read only conditions from editor presentation level
2. Used Filed Against in the Task so checked Team area level preconditions
3. Removed script.
But still getting same result.

Can any one having idea about why it is happened. How to modify the data of Task work item in Closed state.

Thanks in Advance.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Feb 21 '18, 8:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is most likely due to the fact that you are not fully aware how this is configured and works. The sentence

Also logged in using the different role who doesn't have any preconditions configured,
basically strongly hints that. You you can not login as a role. Every user has at least the Everyone role in addition to any other roles they might have. Required for type and state has nothing to do with read only attributes. The configuration of preconditions can be done in various places so you might have overlooked one. For example there are some duplicate preconditions for save on client or save on server.  Also attributes can be configured as read only in other ways e.g. in the UI in the editor presentations.

Preconditions that show things in the UI read-only I think are:

Read-Only Attributes For Type and State
Read-Only for Condition

See https://jazz.net/library/article/292 for where to look for customizations.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.