It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG and Matlab

Matt Muller (59813274) | asked Feb 15 '18, 3:03 a.m.

Morning - does anyone have experience using the integration between DNG and Matlab.

Using the Simulink widget in DNG? 

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
GURVINDER SOKHI (731339) | answered Feb 15 '18, 10:25 a.m.

Interesting user case; DNG and Matlab. 

I do know linkage between RTC and Matlab is somehow limited. Last year I attended a meeting at Matlabs offices together with IBM representation to discuss ALM toolset and Matlab integrations.

No one was keen to take the lead or responsibility to develop such integration capabilities.

permanent link
Ramkumar Raman (3019) | answered Feb 15 '18, 12:03 p.m.

Hi Gurvinder,

I want to integrate IBM Rational Team Concert 6.0.3 and MATLAB R2015B. But I couldn't able to find any tech note to do that. Kindly share the procedure or a web link to do the successful integration.

IBM Rational Team Concert Version: 6.0.3
MATLAB Version: R2015B 64 Bit
Platform: Windows server 2012 R2 64 Bit

@Matt Muller: I am Sorry to use your question

Regards,
Ramkumar R

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered Feb 16 '18, 10:21 a.m.

Matt, we are using Simulink and DNG 6.0.4 together - not with RTC, or rather just getting started.

Here are some things you need to know... (NOTE: the following assumes you have configuration management turned on in DNG)
  1. If you want a DNG artifact to Simulink block linkage, you must be using 2017b (w/ some special patches, we are working directly with the MATHWORKS integration team.
  2. If you are using Tomcat w/o an Apache server on top, it will not work! You need to be either using a true Apache Server or Liberty - we upgraded this week just to get this working. If you do not use a true webserver then you will not get the correct response when Simulink queries the DNG server, the full path is not sent back as part of the query and you end of with a "returning NULL..." message. Tomact is a serverlet and the configuration cannot be updated - at least I could not find a way - to change the response to return the full URL path.
  3. Some "problems" as we see them
    1. Links are not visible in DNG.
      1. This is apparently an issue with DNG.
      2. DNG does not store the data of a link if created via OSLC, it is the responsibility of the external tool to store the link.
      3. There is, supposedly, a fix coming for DNG in 6.0.6 but not until then according to MATHWORKS.
    2. The link is visible through the widget hyperlink. You have to install the Jazz Widget
    3. This present a problem w/r to building a trace matrix from DNG, cannot be done currently.
  4. While testing with MATHWORKS the creation a link from Simulink would sometime fail. 
    1. This occurred because the MATLAB Widget lost the id. Not the end of the world, just re-select the artifact.
    2. Lost the DNG configuration
      1. When this happens, a dialog would popup asking to manually enter the ID or select from a list of projects.
      2. You can query the known project context with ‘>> oslc.Project.currentProject’ – if that returns empty, the context has been lost.
      3. This is fixed by re-running ‘oslc.configure’.
We are proceeding forth with our current configuration, we need the traceability, even if it is just from Simulink for customer reviews. There are some possibilities with building some scripts in MatLab to provide the tracing, but that is for another day.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.