It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

2.0.0.1 - install feedback

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k9284269) | asked Oct 01 '09, 9:06 a.m.
RTC Team,

I have installed 1.x and 2.0 and the improvements and ease of install in 2.0.0.1 are greatly appreciated.

The one thing I would change is the documentation. The install for SQL Server was easy to follow, but at the end it tells me:

You have completed setting up your database. Now, create the Jazz Team Server database tables. For more information, see Creating the Jazz Team Server database tables on DB2 and Oracle.

This should just be "Creating the Team Server database tables" since it seems to be the same for all 3 major DBs.

4 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Oct 02 '09, 7:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the feedback.

I've opened and cc'd you on the doc update request:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=95841

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

permanent link
Victor Campbell (3502618) | answered May 12 '10, 10:06 a.m.
The work item says the documentation has been updated. However, in my installation documentation for RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix 2, the topic of creating tables has been dropped altogether. Has the process of creating tables been changed?

permanent link
Sreedhar Rella (24178) | answered May 14 '10, 10:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 5/12/2010 10:08 AM, vrcampbell wrote:
The work item says the documentation has been updated. However, in my
installation documentation for RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix 2, the topic of
creating tables has been dropped altogether. Has the process of
creating tables been changed?

Though it is not required for iFix upgrade, it always safe to run
repotools -addTables after any upgrade. It does no harm.

permanent link
Victor Campbell (3502618) | answered May 14 '10, 1:09 p.m.
I'm installing this version, RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix2 on the server for the first time, which is still a full install. My database has been created with the instructions in the installation document, but the additional instructions to create tables is no longer there. Should I run "repotools -addTables", when no tables exist, will it create all the tables? Anyway, I'm guessing that I'm suppose to run "repotools -createTables" like we always did, I was trying to determine if the topic of creating tables had been dropped intentionally from the installation guide.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.